1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barbaro

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, May 20, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He's going to be at New Bolton for MONTHS, best case. Nobody with a claimer or modest allowance horse is going to
    foot that nut for an animal that's not going to race again.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I wasn't just thinking about horse racing ... there are other equine sports, too.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I know, but if I can't bet on it there's a good chance I'm not watching it.

4. Outta Here

Outta Here Guest

Two really good pieces in today's Philly Daily News.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/14637906.htm

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/14637907.htm

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

i've never wanted so badly to be wrong, but...

how is a horse's ankle supposed to hold up under all that weight when held together by all those screws? i can only pray that this turns out to be more than just a medical experiment. :eek: :eek:

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It won't. He'll be dead by Flag Day.

7. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

Would you expect anything less from one of the board's biggest assholes?

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The experts, which most of you aren't (sorry to say), say he'll be touch-and-go for several weeks.

After the horse remains off-balance for 2-3 weeks, his organs will start to fail, and that will be the end.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Is that so. I'd been under the impression this board held an expert opinion on everything from endocrinology to equine medicine to the menstrual cycle to the precise orbit of Pluto.

10. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

I never said I was a horse expert, Fuckstick. You may even be right about the horse's ultimate fate. But is it really necessary for you to be such a fucking asshole in every post you make?

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I fail to see anything assholic in these posts. The experts have the same concerns about the horse surviving.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I know Barbaro brings out the protective side in people, but Dye Pack was merely, if somewhat abruptly, answering Shockey's question.

Maybe DP will be wrong (I think we all hope he is), but it's not like the guy is taking pleasure in predicting the horse's death and is soliciting wagers on it.

Would you have jumped down his throat if he'd said "Unfortunately I believe he'll expire before June 14?"

Draft saved Draft deleted