1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barbaro put down

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Jan 29, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Actually shot, one of the best things about this place -- not the best thing, mind you, but one of the good things -- is that anyone can tell anyone to fuck off.

KnowwhatI'msayin'?

2. Fuck off, Zeke.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Hey FUCK YOU, Zeke.

DAMMIT, now YOU fuck off, Ellis!

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sorry, Zeke. I'll pass on that opinion, although I respect YOUR right to express it.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

No, it's fine.

I was pretty stupid in posting my thoughts at that moment. People have every right to be mad at me if they want -- newbie or otherwise. I rip into people on occasion. I'm fair game, too.

Still, I'm not sorry Barbaro is dead. I'm sorry he had to live as long as he did after the accident.

6. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Can't we all .. just .. get along

[/Rodney King]

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Just to be clear, I didn't just do that for you. I have a serious anti-PC bone, and don't need the Runaway Jims of the world telling me how to feel about something.

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Like I said. I'll disagree with that, too. But YOU have the right to say it.

In the meantime, please, let's bring Runaway Jim back to be indignant. You know, just for entertainment's sake.

9. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Hate to point out the obvious, but people are animals too technically. If you've ever been around animals, they can take on human qualities as well. As I mentioned before, determination and heart are a couple you could see in Barbaro.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yes, but could he turn out an omelet without it sticking?

11. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

Also what this horse was doing was battling some pretty long odds to live, much like Christopher Reeves did a few years ago. I think that's some of the reaction you're seeing. It's disappointment that Barbaro couldn't pull through.

12. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

I, for one, hope the endless coverage of Barbaro is finally put to rest with today's development. It's a freaking horse, people. Plenty of actual humans dying; maybe we should pay more attention to them.

Someone posted earlier that Barbaro's injury ruined their day. I hope you're kidding. Was it sad? Yes. Should it ruin anyone's day? Absolutely not. Move on.

Draft saved Draft deleted