1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barbara Walters' fascinating people

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

It airs tonight, apparently. And a partial list has been released: Tom Cruise, Tina Fey, Will Smith, Miley Cyrus, Michael Phelps and... Rush Limbaugh??

Okay, Cruise is debatable, since the only thing he's done in the public spotlight this year was a goofy cameo in "Tropic Thunder" and has "Valkyrie" coming up (but hasn't been released yet), and Hannah Montana is only fascinating to teens... BUT LIMBAUGH!?!? He's fascinating TO WHOM!?! Was he even pertinent to the election -- his wheelhouse -- this year? Ugh.

Walters is holding back the final four people on the list, including the Most Fascinating. I guess Palin's gotta be in there, as does Obama. Any guesses on others? And can anybody explain why Rush is fascinating, I mean, other than if shiny objects tend to fascinate?
  2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Not my line - I believe it was the Hater's on the Onion's AV Club - but the only thing we can deduce from this is that Barbara Walters is easily fascinated.
  3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought she got Palin.
  4. Mizzougrad96

It's should be renamed "The 10 Most Fascinating People who have something to promote and agreed to an interview"
  5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Ding ding ding!
  6. Double J

Double J Active Member

But will she make them cry to BaBa WaWa?
  7. Mizzougrad96

Unless you're Oprah, Cruise doesn't do interviews unless he's promoting something. Lucky for Baba Wawa he is.

Will Smith is the biggest star in Hollywood. That hasn't changed. Hardly fascinating.

I know why Phelps was picked. I'm guessing his segment is about 90 seconds long since he's such a fucking bore.

Fey I get. Plus, she's doing everything she can to get people to watch 30 Rock so she is all over the place.

Limbaugh got a new contract. What else has he done recently?

Miley Cyrus... Fine, whatever...

Palin and Obama would be obvious.
  8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Baba's just trying to score some hillbilly heroin. C'mon people, this isn't rocket surgery.
  9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

How 'bout Christian Bale -- was in a pretty friggin' big movie this year, not really a whole lot known about him (other than bat-shit crazy mom and sister, apparently)...

and William Ayers? He's got a book coming out, right? Might be a huge get for Baba Wawa for an interview...
  10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Mizzou, not trying to be an ass, but Will Smith is the biggest star in Hollywood? Really? I would say there are at least three people ahead of him on that list.
  11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Walters was on The Colbert Report last night and let it slip that Palin was one of the ten.
  12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

According to Forbes, he's the best-paid actor in Hollywood. DJ Jazzy Jeff didn't make the list.
Draft saved Draft deleted