1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barbara Walters 10 Most Fascinating People of 2011

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MankyJimy, Dec 3, 2011.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tipping my cap to you for the beautiful assist.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I have never paid much attention to this before, but is it unusual for her list of the 10 most fascinating people to actually be closer to 30, which it will be if you include an entire family and an ensemble cast?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What, no Brett Favre?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Least Interesting People In The World.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nice.

[​IMG]

"I don't always appear on a network news special, but when I do, it's Barbara Walters 10 Most Fascinating People of 2011. Stay thwirsty, my fwiends."

7. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

It is a terrible list but that's what passes as "fascinating" these days to the media. I would put Herman Cain on the list. Not a fan of his but he is an interesting character who grabbed a lot of attention. He was a hands on a thigh away from the GOP nomination.

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Abe Vigoda. Fascinated that he's still alive.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

We have a winner!

10. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Pippa Middleton wore a dress and stood behind her sister. That's all she did. Boggles the mind.

I'm certain NASCAR driver Kurt Busch was originally on her list, but the censors wouldn't allow her to air the interview. #KurtBuschThanksgiving

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's funny, you look at the entire list and the cast of Modern Family is the only group that actually "achieved" something. Jeter hung on long enough to get 3,000 and dumped Minka, the Kardashians staged a wedding, Trump quit running for President before he started, Pippa was a bridesmaid, Cowell 's X Factor has underperformed and Katy Perry married Russell Brand.

We've become a nation that rewards quitters, losers and people with bad taste.

12. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Is it me, or are her "Most Fascinating" People becoming akin to being listed as the cast of DWTS (i. e. People who most folks don't care much for because they have been overexposed already...?). Just wondering. And if Steve Jobs is on the list, she can interview his biography writer, Walter Isaacson.

The Kardashians already have enough exposure on E!, to which putting them on Walters' special makes me say, "E!-nough already!!

Draft saved Draft deleted