1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Barack Obama is back in the bush

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Feb 12, 2018.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Go on...

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah that's totally me, we can tell by the threads that have been started just today.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Really like the Wiley portrait. It's great.

The Sherald portrait is lovely but it doesn't capture Michelle Obama's personality or spirit very well, or, frankly, her wardrobe. (Which is generally bolder, more colorful and more form-fitting.)

Flip Wilson and Double Down like this.
  4. CD Boogie

Esteban Loaiza, Barack Obama and Red Auerbach walk into a bar and some snowflake gets triggered. Happens all the time.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Seconded. If you beat traffic and get to an event at WhateverItsCalledNow Arena early, it is a fantastic (and free) place to kill time.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I’ve been in Beaver Creek, Colorado, all weekend and I can tell you the struggle for white people is real. I sat next to a woman on a lift who had left her boots at home and had to ski on ... (trigger warning for white folk) ... RENTALS!

8. CD Boogie

Why do you only vacation with white people?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

For safety reasons.

CD Boogie likes this.
  10. CD Boogie

That's gonna get all the LOLZ around here.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'll have to see it in person before I can say anything very smart, but I think it's in keeping with Sherald's other work, and her use of grayscale in place of color. While it may or may not succeed as a conventional portrait, it may stand alone as work of art.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Shouldn't we be recognizing the white person who taught Kehinde Wiley to paint well enough so that he could make that portrait?

Draft saved Draft deleted