1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bar Arguments

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

OK: Just got back from the local bar; me and wife's uncle were talking about the Broncos.

He says Bowlen will hire Jim Harbaugh. Momentum; Cheap by NFL Standards; An NFL Mind.

I say no way; Bowlen will never hire a coach again with no NFL Head Coaching Experience.

Who is right?

2. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Both of you are probably wrong?

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I for one would like Harbaugh to be hired. But it won't happen. Uncle Pat will go with an experienced NFL hand and will not let the coach buy the groceries -- there will be a hands-on, final-say GM.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

What if getting Gruden meant handing him the keys to the minivan? I think he does it.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yes; and the VP of whatever will be John Elway.

6. mb

mb Active Member

Here's what I'm wondering, though ...

With all the talk about a lockout, I wonder if Bowlen is going to say "fuck it" and not hire *anybody* until it's clear there's going to be football again ... and soon.

Because he'd then wouldn't he be paying three coaches not to coach?

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Absolutely a possibility. And probable. To say things are, um, fluid at Dove Valley would be an understatement.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Didn't the Broncos' top executive just say specifically that they wouldn't give the next coach control of the 53-man roster? Seems like in the modern-day NFL that rules out Gruden and most of the other big names that would be kicked around.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's also code for "we're going cheap." I heard a radio host today put it as "That means 'young and hungry' or 'old and desperate'".

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Man ... the team is shit, the owner is senile, the whippersnapper coach ran off the best receiver, there's subterfuge in the front office, the coach gets canned midyear and now they're looking for someone whose main qualification is that he will work for peanuts.

The Broncos have become the Raiders.

11. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Broncos next head coach?

[​IMG]

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why don't you just call up your local paper and ask them? Preferably around their deadline.

Draft saved Draft deleted