1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banning the 3 point stance

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ilmago, Feb 9, 2010.

1. JennaLaine

JennaLaine Member

SWEETNESS! God love him!

2. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Hell, I played receiver in high school, and even we had to be in a 3-point stance. We were primarily a running team, but I wish I had a dollar for every time I got a coach's boot to the ass for not being lined up right.

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

1. As long as they don't ban gambling, the game will thrive.
    2. If they ban the 3-point stance, they should have to ban the QB sneak.
    3. This is the next natural step. First, they instituted the forward pass mainly to alleviate safety concerns. Eventually, the rush attempt will be banned altogether.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

So you have a history of not lining up right.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Actually, I bet the rate of injury on interior running plays is very low: everybody just dives into a pile and pushes. Nobody gets more than two or three steps running start.

It's on pass plays, when a blitzing LB gets a 15-yard sprinting start before he annihilates the QB, and a headhunting DB gets a 20-yard start before he decapitates a WR coming over the middle, where you get the really body-shattering collisions.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That accounts for the major injuries, but as somebody else pointed out above, there is also the issue of cumulative trauma from all of the smaller hits. I'm thinking that is the target if they consider getting rid of a three-point stance.

7. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Since the right is usually wrong... I guess you could say that. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted