1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Banner headline: "Let is snow, let is snow, let is snow"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Let it go, let it go, let it go.

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

+1

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

But you know, it would be pretty dangerous to drive on a snot-covered road.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Someone tried to buy me a snot and ice the other night ...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Sad that these hedlines are becoming more and more the norm. I can easily see it happening at our place. Used to be we had an ME, AME, city editor and night editor all working at night. On any given night, except Sunday at least two of the four were there at night just to proof pages after the copy desk printed and proofed. Minimum of three eyes on someone else's pages including two salaried editors.
    A few year back, the night editor and city editor were combined, the ME changed and the new guy worked strictly 9-5 and changed the AME's hours to 10-6. The combo night/city editor was changed from 12-8 so the only people looking at pages now are copy desk. And on a busy night if three or four pages come out near deadline, no one has the time to give a page a good look.
    And yet anytime a hed bust or a significant part of a story wrong the ME calls a meetign with the copy desk and can't figure out why it happened.
    Those days make me happy to be in sports.

6. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

I am guessing there are no highly paid executives at the Brattleboro Reformer.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They are owned by MediaNews, with good ol' Lean Dean in charge.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I can relate to this.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Some paper had West Virginia losing its "bowel" the other day. It was on Romensko, I think. Will look later if the spirit moves me

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Three eyes? Did somebody lose an eye?

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

http://larrybrownsports.com/blunder/west-virginia-lost-bowel-bowl-game-newspaper-typo/167856

Page 1 refer, too.

12. Nothing about NCAA.com leding with "Andrew Luck on the injury" list on its home page?

Draft saved Draft deleted