1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bank CEO thinks journalist salaries are 'outrageous'

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by MisterCreosote, Feb 29, 2012.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

2. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Release the hounds!!!!!

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Either this is an Onion story or Jamie Dimon is the world's biggest douchebag.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Does he mean that the salaries are too high or that there are too many people on staff? I think he means the latter.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Proof positive that you don't have to be smart or have any special talent to be a CEO.

Shit, this fucktard didn't even cite which newspaper(s) had the 42 percent of payroll. And if he was looking at Gannett, odds are, that 42 percent was including Craig Dubow, who as we all know, is not a journalist, but a corporate jackass like Jamie Dimon.

Nice try, asstard.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

The only thing Jamie Dimon knows about a newspaper company is how to gut one for everything it's worth and then leave the employees holding the carcass in bankruptcy.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ball bat to the skull.

8. writingump

writingump Member

Let this guy try to live on a sportswriter's salary for a month and then see what he thinks.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dimon has so little knowledge of actual businesses that he doesn't understand that the labor cost percentage of newspapers is so high because newspapers are labor intensive businesses, just like all information generating businesses are. I'll bet the CIA's salary percentage is even higher.
    Also, he's human slime. Tarring and feathering would be too good for him.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Or else he's been talking to Sam Zell.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Exactly what I thought. Zell told his own staff pretty much the same thing a few years ago.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wonder if this guy reads the Wall Street Journal, to, you know, keep up with business trends.

Who does he think creates the Wall Street Journal that he either holds in his hand or reads online? Hint: It ain't bankers writing the copy.

Draft saved Draft deleted