1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bangladesh factory bosses: Never mind those cracks, get to work!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

My god Baron if Vince McMahon were the CEO of any other company you would hate the man. He treats his employees like shit. It's not just about dead wrestlers its about wrestlers who have to pay for there own surgeries once Vince is done with them, it's about the working conditions they have to work under. They can't put there bodies through the shit they do without painkillers.

You are by far the biggest hypocrite on this board. McMahon is everything you hate in every other high level republican business owner but his real life action figures entertain you so it is perfectly acceptable. You even buy the BS he sells.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Intriguing how these events always seem to line up in a right or left manor without anyone even getting a memo.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

MacGuffin n,^^^This^^^

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Old age isn't a natural cause?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The servants threw away the memos.

6. Baron Scicluna

Says the guy whose favorite sport encourages players to purposely break the rules by physically beating up their opponents with their fists.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Which has what to do with what I said? You have no idea what you are talking about, like usual. Would you like to compare how the NHL treats players to how the WWE treats their employees? Lets start with pensions, medical, guaranteed salaries, first class travel and accommodations, guaranteed 50% of NHL revenue.

How much more is McMahon making than his average wrestler? In your world he should be sharing that money with his employees. You are defending a scumbag.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Not sure about you, but I always receive the memo. Lockstep, ho!

9. Baron Scicluna

How did the NHL players get all those nice benefits? I'll give you a hint: It's five letters and starts with the letter U.

But you seem quite fine with players punching each other senseless for your own entertainment just as long as they get to fly first-class. Duly noted.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

How they doing with the police manhunt for the owners of the fertilizer plant that was blown to smithereens after decades of code violations?

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So WTF was the point of bringing up hockey?

Bottom line is you're a hippocrate for defending McMahon and supporting wrestling. You are so smug when it comes to attacking other big business but turn a blind eye to one of the worst offenders. What a principled man you are.

12. Baron Scicluna

I'm entertained by an industry that doesn't treat its performers very well behind the scenes. You're entertained by an industry that has profited off of athletes breaking the rules right in front of everyone by punching each other senseless. Who's the HYPOCRITE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.