1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bang that garbage can slowly... the Astro organization is in some serious trouble

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Just because this is bigger than the hot stove thread.

How did they get away with this for so long? Is everyone doing something similar?

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It's leaking out because that organization treats people like garbage. I'd love to know who the unnamed executive referenced in The Athletic's story today was.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I am stunned they thought they could get away with it.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Well Reid Ryan was reassigned and Nolan Ryan recently left the organization - I wonder if that has more to do with MLB trying to cut the number of minor league teams (at least two of which the Ryans own).

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Really?

After you saw the way they handled the Taubman situation.

You're stunned they thought they could get away with this?

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

MLB's punishment will be giving the Cardinals another competitive balance pick.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Are we getting to the point where pitchers and catchers need earpieces like FBI agents?

How can you stop this?

Banging a can will be replaced by a clapping “fan” or a light flash in the scoreboard or something else.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

It’s sad to see a baseball team become the Patriots.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As Doug Glanville pointed out the other day, sign stealing is as old as the game itself.

And in the digital/surveillance age, how hard is it to steal signs when it's still one finger for fastball, two fingers for the curve?

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I can’t think of a way to stop it. The catcher has to know the pitch, so it has to be earpieces, right?

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If we had a runner on second, on a fastball he would stand with legs together, on bender he would spread his feet apart.

Draft saved Draft deleted