1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bandwagon Boy Lives! Loosers!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 20, 2006.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Didn't sleep all night wondering about the ramifications of posting this....I realize I could probably get banned for this, or worse....like bringing lice into the locker room and sharing helmets.

But the Legend of Bandwagon Boy is too critical to the great history of this board, and every time we call someone a 'looser' we have him to thank for it.

Searching for something else on the web, I was stunned to find this: Bandwagon Boy's Awesome Massage Board! http://bandwagonboy.proboards18.com/index.cgi No idea what this says about me, but he still makes me laugh.

But the really stunning thing was this recent thread, about a trip down memory lane: From June 2003, Bandwagon Boy's first appearance on SJ...days before the huge crash that wiped out the entire memory bank...someone obviously found it somewhere and posted it (so it looks a little weird). Lots of old voices....sportswriter, Sandy, many of you. Strange and suspicious, since that thread would have been wiped out in the crash.

http://bandwagonboy.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1138825305

Anyway, I know Moddy probably has to go change his boxers after seeing this, but this board has been so cranky recently, maybe you can all use a good laugh.

I will leave you with BWBoy's last comment: "What the hell is all that writting I cant even hardley read it it sounds like a bunch of stupid looser morans!"

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That was SO awesome. I'm sorry I somehow missed out on participating on that thread.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You mean his "massage board"

Wow, hard to believe this board has lived on without the likes of bspolice, sportswriter and Bandwagon Boy...

4. Mizzougrad96

You know it's funny, I missed most of the Bandwagon Boy controversy as well... Maybe I was traveling or something... ;D

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Do I really want to open his "hooking up" page?

6. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I just fell out of my chair. I need a moment to process all of this.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Why were ou searching for Massage Boards? Was Boom missing?

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Absoultely one of the board's seminal threads. Now we need to dig up the SOSH rumble and the original Baked Chicken threads. The one where the prep writer was wondering about meeting a kid's mom was pretty funny, too.

9. Mizzougrad96

My favorite thread ever was the one that led to Sportswriter/Monday leaving the board...

My other favorite (and no offense to HB) was Clubber's brilliant "A Day in the Life of Hockeybeat" which fortunately, I have saved on my desktop at home...

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I know. I'm sorry. I take full responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from this.

Mizzou...just for you, I'm going to search for that fateful thread....

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've created a monster

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I missed a lot of good stuff. I wish I hadn't spent a few years just lurking and checking in only periodically.

Draft saved Draft deleted