1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bands or musicians that you like that everybody else seems to hate

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Apr 26, 2010.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

ABBA.
    Neil Diamond.
    Shania Twain.
    Manilow.

My "hated" favorites could almost comprise my entire "desert island" collection, but it would have to contain Simon and Garfunkel.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

People with fully functioning ears.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Abba in my case, too, definitely.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to go with hate on that one, dools.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My love for Linkin Park has gotten me ragged on more than once...

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you would be drinking the haterade. Now excuse me while I go work my polyester corners.

7. The No. 7

The No. 7 Member

Maroon 5 played at my college about a week before they were going on "SNL" for the first time. I met them backstage thanks to our paper's photographer. Adam, the lead singer, was drunk off his ass, and he showed me the Los Angeles tattoo on his arm. I also said to two of the other guys in the band (Jesse and Mickey, I think), "I loved you on 'I Love the '80s.'" Their response? "It's funny, more people say they like us for that than our music." I stuttered and mumbled that I liked their music, too. I was a little too nervous to talk to the cute drummer, but he's not in the group anymore because he needed arm surgery, so I regret not talking to him. *sigh* That pretty much sums up my college years right there.

I always catch crap from my friends for liking Phil Collins and Genesis, but eff 'em. "No Jacket Required" is the shit.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Based solely on this place:

KISS

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Phil Collins kinda sucks, except for that Mike Tyson/The Hangover song, but Genesis made some great music.

Isn't the Maroon 5 lead singer the doosh who dated Maria Sharapova?

10. I saw One Republic open for someone last year (I won't say who -- my ex-wife dragged me along) and I was impressed with their musical ability. A lot of different instruments played well - my personal fave being the electric cello
    I only knew the one song - All the Right Moves, or whatever its called -- but enjoyed the show and stole a few of my daughter's songs for my ipod

11. Mizzougrad96

I think the Maroon 5 lead singer has a "list" that would rival Scott Baio and John Stamos.

12. Mizzougrad96

Listening to Hole's new single "Skinny Little Bitch" right now.

I think it's great.

Draft saved Draft deleted