1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BALTIMORE SUN - Ravens/NFL Content Editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Jump gang - the SE here is one of my favorite people on earth. I would be all over this one if my current gig hadn't cropped up. Good people in a good town:

The Baltimore Sun has an opening for a content editor to oversee Ravens/NFL coverage and to help produce baltimoresun.com. We have seen the growth of Ravens coverage online and in the paper, and the new editor will be responsible for continuing to grow this core beat. He or she will work with a staff of three-four reporters and a columnist to find ways to produce new Ravens content online, through mobile devices, in video, in print and other media. Those interested should exhibit leadership skills, strong editing, a wealth of ideas and the ability to teach and direct journalists. A track record of managing reporters, producing enterprise, overseeing a pro beat, delivering audience and project development is key. Strong familiarity with Web production and content management systems is required. Send cover letter and resume to ron.fritz@baltsun.com.

2. sportsfan22

sportsfan22 New Member

Just picked up a Sun while traveling through Baltimore this week.

Despite Tribune's attempt to destroy a once great paper, it's still is one of the better newspapers out there.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

The paper has gotten better in the last year. Did you see it during the early part of 2009? Ugh. Tribune almost wrecked the Sun. Could stand to be a bit thicker given the city's size and the fact the Washington Post isn't far away, but it's still been a better read.

4. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Hasn't this one been open for about a month and a half?

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If only I didn't hate the Ravens...

Draft saved Draft deleted