1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baltimore 2009 - some details - TICKET DELIVERY UPDATES

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 12, 2009.

1. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Re: Baltimore 2009 - some details

It is in fact an abbreviation of probably.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Block, the strip bars, are 3 blocks north of the aquarium. Scores is not walkable, it's about a half mile north of the aquarium, right near the Baltimore City Detention Center.

Acorss from Camden Yards is Pickels Pub.
    http://www.fellspoint.us/barseateries.html

This is a list of bars in Fells Point.

From memory the best are
    Bertha's
    The Green Turtle
    The Horse You Came in On
    John Stevens
    Wharf Rat

In Little Italy, stay away from Sabbatinos and Chiparellis, both tourist traps and average at best. Best in Little Italy is DaMimmo's but it's expensive. Try the Veal it's the best in the city.

5 Guys Burgers are in the Pratt Street Pavillion at the Inner Harbor. The Suhi place there is very good but also expensive. STAY AWAY from Phillips, another tourist trap.

The Barnes and Noble is sandwiched between ESPNZone and HardRock. Across the Street, north of the ESPN are a bunch of restuarants, walk past Panera about a block, on the left is Restuarant Row

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The fuck? You are a Baltimore encloypedia! You're coming and you're going to be our tour guide.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I grew up in Woodstock, Va. For those that don't know it, it's pretty much the sticks. Prolly was a common term back home.

Another in the long line of chat, IM, whatever speak.

Honestly, I was prolly being lazy, too.

And man...no love for Phillips on this board. I couldn't care less what a "tourist trap" it is, I love me some Phillips. Good food is good food. I'm not picky. Or cool, I suppose.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Isn't The Green Turtle across the street from Camden Yards?

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I thinnk that's Pickles Pub.
    The Original Green Turtle is in Fells Point, there are a bunch in the Ba though.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I was in Balmer a couple years ago for a story. Had some time to kill before doors opened for the media, so I grabbed a burger at a place whose name I don't remember that was/is across from Camden. Again, I don't remember the name of the place. All I remember is that it was pretty dive-tastic.

8. JackReacher

Pickles Pub is solid. It's really the only bar I visit when I go to O's games, although I did eat dinner in the place next to it once. Not bad. Not terrible. Can't remember the name.

I'm guessing it's a short cab (limo for some of you high-rollers :) ) ride from Camden Yards to Fells Point?

9. Re: Baltimore 2009 - some details

Sad to hear the Charm City Phillips is a tourist trap. The authentic SW DC shop is epic. Not as sweet as the Maine Ave Market, but awesome none-the-less.

Just hit all the bars in Fells. Eventually you'll hit a place that has cheap drafts where you'll ask the bartender "That's it?" And he/she will reply: "Is that a problem?"

10. JackReacher

I'm with you on the DC Phillips. I've heard about the Maine Street Market, and I work just a few blocks from there. It's on my to-do list.

11. lono

lono Active Member

Do we have a roll call of who's definitely in?

Mrs. Lono and I will be there, for sure.

12. JackReacher

I'm in.

I wonder if it's a bit early to put together an "in" list? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm interested as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted