1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baltimore 2009 outing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by luckyducky, Sep 18, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've been to an Orioles-Nationals game at Camden Yards and I was *loudly* cheering for the Nationals.

Only "grief" I got for it was from this one guy, and all he did was say, "make sure you mark that 6-5" when Miguel Tejada threw out a Nats runner at third.

I'd love to see the Nationals put the broom to the Blowrioles now and forever. Fuckabuncha Peter Angelos.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We had fun with Os fans at the series at Nats Park last year. They were giving us Nats dumbasses hell one section over and then Ronnie Belliard hit one out to win it. They were one strike away. It was fun, not some of the nasty shit you hear about in some places. Of course, Os and Nats fans don't cheer for a team that's good enough to be nasty about.
    I'll swear on my mama's grave I picked the last weekend in June, if they were home, before skeds came out. It's just the best weekend for the most people. A happy accident (for some of us at least) that it is the Nats.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

A train wreck for the game of baseball for everyone else!

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I saw three of the games between the teams last year. Two were good, entertaining games. Most folks don't go for the baseball anyway.
    For the earlier arrivals, I'm catching Nats-Red Sox in Washington on Thursday on my way up.

5. patchs

patchs Active Member

Moddy,
    I really want to come, we'll see how things are as we near the date.
    You and I will be the only Nats fans at Camden Yards.
    Who knows, maybe you can meet your favorite manager.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I might be at one of the Nats' vs. Sox game in late June. That could be interesting.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'll prolly be there. At at most other Nats home games this season. Hopefully.

8. I'll be attending the entire Nats-Cubs series, whenever that is.

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I just checked on Delta and there are plenty of good SkyMiles seats going to BWI. I might actually make this one.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

who cares?

Draft saved Draft deleted