1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ball State professor says Memphis's strip clubs are bad

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Dropping unusually large quantities of coin, uh, paper, at said establishments in Memphis prompted me to give up titty bars about eight or nine years ago.

I made one exception, when our sports editor was leaving for another paper.

And that turned out to be fun, just to watch one of the guys in our party react/interact with/evaluate the peelers on hand.

But an SportsJournalists.com field trip might convince me to make another exception ....

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Platinum Plus can make the Playboy Mansion look tame.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Not me, and probably not Hoops.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

SHOCKED!!! Shocked, I tell you!!!

[​IMG]

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow...can we say unnecessary?

6. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Well, they're no "Joker's Wild," that's for sure.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Come up to some strip joints in Montreal or Toronto (like the Whiskey A Go-Go) and you'll forget Memphis in a hurry.

8. And to think I decided not to go to graduate school because I thought the research would be boring.
    The question is whether Memphis commissioned the survey because it wanted to get rid of the strip clubs or because it wanted to know how it could become Atlanta.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Windsor... only place you have to go...

10. NDub

NDub Guest

Super-sweet [/end Neil Goldman lisp]. Hopefully my grad studies there next spring will be equally as joyous.

11. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

I'm actually from the Memphis area...and coincidentally, I'm going home next weekend...

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You never forget your first.

I had a stripper, who I'm pretty sure might have been Indiana's first meth addict, rip my underwear from my sitting position at Joker's Wild circa 1993. This was after she said she fucked my girlfriend the night before.

I have to admit, I didn't feel a thing. No collateral damage wedgie, nothing. I was very impressed with her technique. I imagine it's harder to learn that than it is pulling a tablecloth off a table or something.

Of course ... the meth helps.

Draft saved Draft deleted