1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Balding

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BigSleeper, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Example of an obvious no-no:

[​IMG]

2. Just add water:

[​IMG]

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Upset of the year: No advice on this thread yet from Moddy.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seriously? Excuse me (going to medicine cabinet....)

5. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

EDIT: changes throughout

6. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Anyone. Is the "skullet" an option?

[​IMG]

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I've been completely bald since my sophomore year of college and go back and forth between the shaved head and close crop. I don't care for either and wear ballcaps 99.9 percent of the time.

I'm also Italian and very hairy (back, shoulders, chest).

Needless to say, I pull more tail than I know what to do with.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This all reminds me of a guy I know who was losing his hair when he asked the woman he was dating to marry him. At first, her answers was maybe (the reason why was a long story).

Finally, he told her, "You really have to give me an answer soon, because if it's no I want to have time to find someone else before I lose the rest of my hair."

They have been married for 15 years now.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

It's a cruel twist of fate that as men age, they often lose the hair on the dome, but find hair sprouting new and bountiful growths in all sorts of other surprising and new places--eyebrows, nose, ears--I mean, wtf? As I'm progressing through the plus side of 40, I'm beginning to wonder if there's some werewolf in the family bloodlines.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Why is a marmot fucking that guy in the ear?

11. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

WI -

You never cease to entertain.

12. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

At 44, I haven't lost anything up top, but never have been able to grow a good beard. The coverage is pretty decent, but it's so blond you never see it if you're more than four feet away. And it all grows very slowly. It takes me more than 48 hours to get a 5 o'clock shadow. I'll shave every three or four days if I'm going to be out covering events. As for haircuts, I'll get a No. 2 about every three months (it helps living in an area that stays warm most of the year), let it grow out during the fall and get a neat trim for the holidays.

Then there's my "baby" brother, who just turned 41. He started losing his hair about the same time he graduated high school. There was about a decade where I never saw him without a cap and had to bite my tongue a few years ago when I finally saw how bald he was -- absoloutely nothing on top. He been doing the self-serve No. 1 on the sides and back for a while now.

Cruel as it is, I had to laugh at him when he started losing hair. Back in the '80s when we were in high school, he gave me all kinds of crap for going down to the barber shop and getting a regular haircut ("It looks like a $5 haircut") while he went off to a salon to get shampooed and styled. I still go to a barber shop.

Draft saved Draft deleted