1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bald or Gray?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Whatever you do, don't buy the "hair in a can" stuff from Toppix. It doesn't work and is not worth the endless ridicule/laughter from friends and family. :D

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Now you're going to have to rock it and make sure to include a pic. Need the laughter worse than you'll ever know.

My stepfather has been doing this for a long time. I've known him for only the last 30 years.

Guess that would be easier. I just know that I'm not going back to needing to march to the barber shop every 2-3 weeks. That and I'm going to celebrate the one tiny little advantage I possess in this life.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Sadly, when I began to go bald, I decided to go the hair transplant route.

But, because of the overall thinness of the hair on my scalp, the donor areas were quite limited.

So now, if I let my hair grow even the slightest bit, I end up with a mass of unruly curls on top of my head that smells like sea salt and vinegar potato chips.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

This is like asking someone if he would rather be fat or ugly.

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I know two people who use that shit, one of whom is an on-air TV guy. It really is awful, like when they spray-paint dirt patches on a football field to make it look like green grass.

What happens on a windy day, do they get a mushroom cloud of dust behind their head?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

See, to me there's a difference. There's gray, there's silver, and there's white.

I probably do like silver better (Hello, Anderson Cooper). But gray is nice as well.

7. Justin Biebler

Justin Biebler Active Member

Hair is overrated.

[/bitterbaldguy]

8. beanpole

beanpole Member

I feel very lucky that at 42, my guys are hanging in there. But its weird to see the blonde go grey around the temples.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm with ijag and 21. Love grey, silver, white hair on a man. First thing I noticed about JR was his hair which was (and is!) incredibly sexy.

10. John

John Well-Known Member

At 38, my hair is thinning and graying at the same time. I have zero issue with the gray, but the other ...

On the plus side, I own a lot of hats.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Would you rather be kicked in the testes or kneed?

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No baldness anywhere in my family tree.

Which makes my only choice at age 50 . . .

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted