1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bald or Gray?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Apr 11, 2011.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I think of it as silver, and there is just nothing sexier.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When my hair started going, another balding former co-worker said, "As a black man, I just thank God for Michael Jordan. You can thank god for Bruce Willis."

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

covered that. :)

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Also come from a line of premature grays. In high school, the girl behind me used to pluck the occasional gray hair from my head.

My dad was virtually totally gray before 40. Had an uncle who was pretty much completely silver before he hit 30. I've managed to keep a hint of black a lot longer than I thought I would, but also have had a good degree of gray much of my adult life.

I have no problem with my grayness, though. My standard line to people who inquire is ' it goes gray, but it doesn't go away'.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Some have no choice.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I never understood why people who have no baldness issues did this. I couldn't if I wanted to, and I don't want to because - at least so far - there isn't a sign that I will lose my hair. Hopefully, that will be a good thing.

7. Mizzougrad96

If you're bald, you have to own it. Get your hair buzzed high and tight. No respectable human being tries a combover or a toupee.

8. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

Unless you are Gene Keady.

9. best to stop masturbating, then

"Frequent ejaculation causes baldness"
    There are many misconceptions about what can help prevent hairloss, one of these being that frequent ejaculation may have an influence on MPB. Depending on frequency, it can raise or lower plasma testosterone.[30]

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

SST, you know me awfully well to be a random message-board poster.

11. Mizzougrad96

I was at the NCAA Tournament several years ago and Dick Weiss was interviewing Keady. From the tables one of the other NYC writers was mimicking the conversation where they were arguing over whose toupee was worse. It was pretty funny.

12. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

It is the stuff of legends. Two things Keady will be remembered for 1) six-time national coach of the year 2) the comb over

Draft saved Draft deleted