1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bald or Gray?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Apr 11, 2011.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

A goofy thought...

As I approach the early stages of middle age and am balding, I wonder what the other side of the fence would be like on the old-man train...going gray.

Anyone else thinking like me, or did before they balded?

For you of the gray-haired brotherhood, would you have rather gone bald than had your hair turned gray?

How about those that are "bi-curious" and plan on going gray while balding? LOL

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love a man with gray hair. I really, really do.

3. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

At 25 I am neither, although I have a few grey hairs from time to time. That said I much prefer to go grey. At least you have something.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

See, I am at the point that I might as well just shave off the rest of my hair. The wife won't let me...she thinks I would look serial killerish or child molesterish...or both. Yet, at this point, my forehead is more like a sevenhead, creeping toward eight. Seems like I should just get it over with. LOL

5. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

That is what I have always said I will do if I go bald. That said I have the exact same hair as my father, cowlick's and all, and he hasn't lost any hair and is nearly 60. We both have extremely thick hair which may help. More hair to lose?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry, but no. I had very thick hair and I'm losing it. My brother's was even thicker than mine and he was bald by the time he turned 30.

7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I am one who has the fortune of having both happen. Now approaching my mid-30s, the full head of hair has simply been a fantasy for about half my life so I've long accepted it and really it bothers me none. But for what's left it has been graying rapidly, especially over the past year or so. My beard is even starting to go. For some reason it bugs me much more than the loss of hair. I don't know why.

8. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

Just a thought. Haven't done a whole lot of research into hair loss as I'm not really worried about it. Definitely wasn't trying to say that is the reason behind people who don't go bald. If that was the case scientists would have discovered it long ago. Just saying that may be why my father didn't His hair is a little less thick now but he still has a full head of hair.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I've got some grey mixing in now, especially in the temples, and a slightly receding hairline. It works for me, though. It's all about how you carry it.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

Bald is Beautiful!

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I'll be 30 next month and I'm starting to see more gray. Still just a stray hair here and there, no patches, but it's noticeable. I'm going to let it go, at least for now, and see how it looks.

Baldness, on the other hand...I will fight it with every last shred of my dignity.

Draft saved Draft deleted