1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BALCO reporters ordered to testify

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Aug 16, 2006.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, their book is No. 2,843 on the Amazon sales list for books.

2. Absolutely you go to jail. You simply have to. You can't give up your sources. Even if you don't buy the principle of the thing (and I do, big time), what credibility will you have left after you snitch? Will anybody ever talk to you again? Some might even not be willing to talk to you on the record, much less on background, after you burned a source.
    If you aren't willing to go to jail over a First Amendment issue, I think you're in the wrong business. Nobody here is paid enough to do this job if it's not about integrity.
    I have a wife and our first baby due within a month, but if it came down to it, I'd be in the pokey right now.
    And you know what, I would write a book and probably make more off that than I do at my job anyway.

3. Does the prosecutor who (illegally) leaked the grand jury material get to go to jail too?

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep. Exactly right.

Draft saved Draft deleted