1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BALCO legacy stymied Mitchell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Dec 17, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are putting it on race to me.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fenian isn't, but Conte is.

3. I am saying -- slowly, this time -- that if you think that race isn't an important factor in the ways that Bonds and Clemens are perceived in the court of public outrage, you're fooling yourself.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I got what you are saying, so please shove the snark up your ego. Frankly, I didn't read Jenkins column or your posts as saying it was a factor. I read those as saying it was THE factor.

I'm saying there are many other factors that are different among these situations, including actual evidence of guilt that has been public knowledge regarding Bonds and Jones for a long time. Where was the evidence on Clemens before the Mitchell Report?

Also, time makes a difference. Let's face it. The more this happens, the less people are going to feel and express outrage. The actual evidence about Clemens also came out with a long list of other names, a bit different from the situation with Bonds.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Fenian seems like you have come around to Whitlock's position. I am still not there. If Trevor Graham does not drop a dime on Marion Jones and Conte, then Feds have nothing on Bonds.

If it turned out that Clemens name was in Conte's files instead of Bonds then he would have been the one in the spotlight the past few years. If he lied to Grand Jury like Bonds did, then he would also face jail time.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I did miss it! All those busloads of innocent nuns being rounded up over the last seven years. Sounds horrible.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The government is making a habit of things like that.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Fantastic.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If I was a nun (Really, I just dress like one), I'd sleep with one eye open.

10. You know, your faux literalism is your least effective voice. You should probably take it back to the shop.
    Well played, dools.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm starting to think FB is whitlock.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Nah, he didn't vote Miami 10th in the latest AP poll.

Draft saved Draft deleted