1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

BALCO Founder Victor Conte on NPR radio

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by creamora, Jun 21, 2007.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Well, if we knew all the facts, what fun would THAT be??

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It was really good, wasn't it? ;)

3. Reade Seligman thinks so.

4. The Big Ragu

When did I get promoted to DA with the power to prosecute people?

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Question for Creamora …

Do you have a rooting interest in the case? You seem to have a lot of emotion about it, and you claim to have information that contradicts with what many of us have read. Why all the interest in this case? Is it something personal, or do you just feel like you know something most us don’t? This is not intended to be a jab … just an honest question. Do your opinions come from the head or from the heart?

6. creamora

creamora Member

21 and hammer pants,

What Ragu fails to fully realize is that there really are people who do "know all the facts." There are people who know exactly what Bonds said when he testified. I have posted over and over here that the Chronicle reporters misrepresented what Bonds said. If real facts in the case get posted here and they don't fit with what he has read in his bible of a book, then he chooses not the accept it. Let's all face it, Fainaru-Wada and Williams do not have first hand knowledge regarding almost all of the facts in the case. Can you imagine what it would be like if you actually knew the facts of the case and a significant portion of what has been reported about those "facts" was
    inacurate? In short, what Ragu posts here about the case is often wrong. I can understand that he has simply bought into what has been inaccurately reported and then perpetuated by other journalists who apparently want the misinformation that has been reported to be true. Look. Telling a lie over and over again does not make it true. At some point, and hopefully soon, some of the misinformation that has been reported will be outed. Is it possible that what I have posted here about the case is, in fact, true? I know it's possible.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You never actually answered anyone's question. What is your motivation? What makes you any more qualified than Ragu to speak about Bonds, Conte, steroids, Fainaru-Wada, Williams, etc.?

It seems to me only a few people would have intimate knowledge of whether the information in Game of Shadows was factual. Are you claiming to be one of them?

8. The Big Ragu

So should we expect the book to be exposed as a bunch of lies before or after the 10th anniversary of its being published? Is Mike Rains still figuring out the particulars of a blockbuster civil suit that sets the record straight?

9. creamora

creamora Member

Ragu,

The book was only published a year ago. There is still an ongoing investigation and maybe the apropriate time to expose the many inaccuracies in the book has not come, yet.

Good Doctor,

My motivation is simple. I plan to expose the fact that significant portions of what have been reported about the case are inaccurate. It's my opinion that there are people in the world would like to know about these inaccuracies. They may also like to know why the inaccuracies were ever reported in the first place. And, yes, I am someone who may be able to shed some light upon what I know to be the real facts of the case.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

You're talking a big game. If you do in fact come out with information, come back and out yourself and I'll gladly apologize. But surely you understand why most of us are suspicious.

11. creamora

creamora Member

Hammer Pants,

Why would you be suspicious regarding the truth? There are documents that can prove Novitzky has been under investigation. Rains may be a bit out on a limb, but there is certainly some substance to the evidence he has to offer up. As Ragu says, "there's a sucker born every day" and some of them might be Chronicle groupies. Larry McCormack knows about Fainaru-Wada's skeletons. Why don't some of you investigative journalists ask him about the evidence invloving "halo boy?" Seems that some of you might like to learn what he knows?

Draft saved Draft deleted