1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baker out

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DyePack, Oct 2, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The next domino falls in 8 minutes.

2. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

I'm not a Dusty apologist, but this bothers me for one big reason. Baker is more culpable for this Cubs debacle then general manager Jim Hendry. He put this team together with obvious and glaring deficiencies all over the roster, and he gets a free pass? That's bull shit.

I agree, to an extent, that Baker had to go, but so should Hendry. He's the one that relied on Wood and Prior to lead the pitching staff, and he's the one that got outbid for players like Beltran and Furcal, despite a bottomless pit of a pocketbook. This is a sad day in Cubs history because Hendry is still in his office.

3. Gold

Gold Active Member

I don't know that you could blame anybody for getting outbid for Furcal, because I thought the Dodgers paid too much for him.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought this was about tight end Chris Baker of some New York football team...

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Aren't they all?

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Lay off, man.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Touchy, touchy.

Baseball season's over, for both of us. You should be enjoying the Bears, not worrying about the Cubbies.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sorry, just got done watching the HBO doc on them. :'(

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It is interesting that Hendry keeps his job but the guys immediately above and below him on the food chain are out of work.

But the fuckwits running this franchise could fuck up a one car funeral so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Tomorrow's front page of Trib sports will probably be black-bordered.

At least Trib's sports editor doesn't have to embarass himself any further by mindlessly defending
    this loser.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Girardi will be in place before the World Series is over.

Draft saved Draft deleted