1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bah Humbug

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cubman71, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Cubman71

Cubman71 Guest

Found out yesterday I'd been "let go" by my second job. Not my PT newspaper gig, but the job that provided me with about 65 percent of my income.

Nice of them to let me know three days before X-mas, and exactly one week after my wife had major surgery that she will be on the mend for at least the next month.

I feel so scrooged.

2. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Unbelievable. The employers in this country can talk all that want about how times are tough. But this kind of thing is just unnecessary. There is no reason that I can think of that this couldn't have waited two weeks.

It just seems mean spirited.

Hang in there sir.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

This really sucks! Like Dirk said, some employers in our country are so out of touch to what goes on in the lives of the people who are the hearts and souls of their business.

Take care, Cubby.

4. KG

KG Active Member

My hubby, who works for a commercial contractor, was informed that not only will he have Christmas Day and the day after off, but he will only be working 6-11 the other three days. The boss won't let them use any of their vacation time to make up for the shortened hours either. He's lucky, I suppose, because some of them were told they couldn't work this week at all. His boss is a total ass.

Cubman, I'm really sorry to hear about this, and they are complete assholes for doing this three days before Christmas.

Draft saved Draft deleted