1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baffling sequels

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've never seen Highlander 2, but by all means it was an abortion. Highlander 3 falls into the baffling category after the debacle that was part 2.
    The newer ones ... meh. Endgame would have been a great two-part season finale for the TV series, so it was enjoyable. I still have no idea who the hell decided an S&M bondage freak chasing Duncan and Methos through a cannibal-infested forest in Eastern Europe (yes, this is actually a major plot point) would be a good idea.
    All you need to know about the "The Source" is that it was supposed to be the second part of a trilogy. Part 3 never got made.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Return to Oz was awesome. I mean, what's not to like about Dorothy in electroshock therapy?

Yes, I'm serious.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You have a good point about Endgame. It actually felt like a finale for the TV series. The ending was really odd. Somehow Duncan's love interests survives even though the last we saw of her, the villain was about to take her head. Why? Because they decided that Duncan had already lost too much and it would be too depressing if she died, but were too lazy to do anything but slap a scene with her alive onto the end.

I had no idea that "The Source" was supposed to be part of a trilogy. I didn't even know it had been made until I stumbled upon it on the Syfy Channel. Man, was that ever a steaming pile of fail.

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Absolutely. If the character in the name of the movie is killed, there can't be a sequel, especially one that involves dragging the dead body around everywhere you go.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Every Bad News Bears movie made after the original.

EStreetJoe likes this.
  6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

HIghlander 2
    City Slickers 2
    Caddyshack 2
    Hangover 2
    Slap Shot 2

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Temple of Doom, The Last Crusade and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

One movie that came to mind when this thread was introduced was "City Slickers 2."

The first "City Slickers" was an enjoyable, humorous, sometimes touching with a good cast and a story that came to a resolution.
    The second was just pointless, with a twin brother for Curly, Jon Lovitz as a substitute for Bruno Kirby's character, and a hackneyed plot about a search for lost gold.

I never really saw the movie straight through, and it may not have been all that horrible, there was (outside of the studio wanting to milk more money out of a successful film) no reason to make a sequel.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Everyone associated with the Blues Brothers sequel should be ashamed of themselves.

I saw an ad for 'Ted 2' during the game Sunday.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That right there would be the reason at least 95 percent of sequels get made.

Draft saved Draft deleted