1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad snack

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Jun 3, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And they have Icees. Cherry or Blue Raspberry, it doesn't matter. Either is heaven.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

An Icee is a poor, poor substitute for a Slurpee.
    Just go to 7-11 and get the genuine article.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. Once is made with ice and flavoring while the other is made with ice and flavoring.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry, Buck, but you have this backward. Icee is the original and by far the better.

With the Slurpee, you suck through the straw for a little while and end up drinking all the flavor. All you're left with is three-quarters of a cup of flavorless slushed ice.

The Icee, on the other hand, is pure heaven right down to the bottom of the cup.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I have to go with Old Tony on this. Only the Icee machine at my Target is always "broken". [cough, cough]

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The texture of the Icee is more pebbly than the Slurpee, which is clearly the best.
    I don't know which one was first, just which one is best.
    Slurpees rule.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Do they make diet Slurpees or Icees? It's not so much the calories (although there is that) as how sweet they are. Blech.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

First off, it is the Tarzhay Bistro, not this this crazy Target Snack Bar.
    Only the country rubes call it the snack bar.

Second, it isn't the snack bar at Sam's, it is Sam's Cafe and I, kid you not, in my burg, it is the fourth most popular restaurant in town based on sales volume. But it doesn't say much about my town when Red Lobster still rules the roost followed closely by Outback and Chili's.
    And I love to eat at Sam's. About the only place in town you can get a hot dog that isn't a concession stand.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

How about the Woolworth's diner/snack bar?

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

- Sam's Club sodas rule. 32 ounces for 69 cents, can't go wrong.
    - Cherry/Coke Slurpees are the clear winner. If you make it right, you're not sucking down all the syrup before the ice.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Slurpees are made of piss.

The ICEE's kicked ass and took names.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Damn, how old are you?

Draft saved Draft deleted