1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Bad) neighbours

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Everybody has them, but what is that your neighbours do that piss you off? mine found a new way this morning.
    I have lived in the colder regions of Canada for most of my life, yet I have never seen anyone feel the need to use a snow blower on their yard - especially as every thing is melting in March - until last night. I thought it was strange enough, but didn't really care, I was watching the Oilers break their losing streak. Then this morning at about 9 a.m. he starts up in his back yard. Woke me from a very nice dream. For those of you with little experience with a snow blower, think about the noise an old lawn mower makes, then at least double it. I think I'm going to key his truck tonight.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Re: asshole neighbours

Jackass!

My current neighbors are pretty cool. Worst noise is the occasional crying fit from their toddler.

A coupla towns ago, I lived next to some meth cooks. I never knew if my apartment buiilding would still be standing after work.

I also rented a studio that turned out to be on the same floor as a Level 3 sex offender, one who really wanted to be my friend (as in he was constantly stopping by my apartment to invite me to dinner.) According to the database he liked little boys, but it still freaked me out.

A snowblower at 9 a.m. is total bullshit though. That shit could wait until 11 or so. That way even most night owls will be up.

3. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

If you can somehow jimmy the hood open, cram the windshield washer fluid tank with baking soda and vinegar. Once his car gets moving, hits a few bumps...glory is yours

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Put vaseline under his windshield wipers and door handles.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I spent a few summers working for a landscaping company and I always felt guilty cutting on the leaf blower at 7:30 in the morning because I knew I was annoying the hell out of somebody.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

This is all so tempting

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

If you're a hired man, I can understand it to some degree, but if you're just going to be sitting on your duff the rest of the day, there is no excuse why you can't wait until at least 11 a.m.

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Just tell him you had sex with his wife. That'll get him.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

My new neighbors are young'uns, age 19 or 20, first time they've ever lived on their own, and they treat their place like a dorm room. Always cranking the bass on the stereo at all hours (thumping my fucking walls in the process.) Stepping outside for smoke breaks in the middle of the night and yapping, loudly, for a half-hour.

I complained twice about the noise right after they moved in -- I don't mind playing loud music, but fuck all, why do you have to fucking play it at 8 a.m.? ::) -- but they only stop for a few days and then crank it back up again.

Apartments suck.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I don't think 9 a.m. is too early to run lawn equipment. Get up earlier, lazy ass!

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Yeah, you MUST be lazy if you're sleeping at 9 a.m. ::)

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I just moved into an apartment after years of living in a house. It will take some adjusting. No more cranking George Jones and singing along in the shower when I come home tipsy at 1:30 in the morning. "Oh she was hotter than a two-dollar pistol, she was the fastest thing around..." ;D

I just moved into an old, four-unit apartment building...two up, two down. My upstairs neighbors: an entire Mexican family crammed into a two-bedroom. A little noisy, but that's fine, because that gives me room to make a little noise within normal waking hours without feeling self-conscious.

My downstairs neighbor is a reformed alcoholic evangelical Christian who's also unemployed and rarely leaves his apartment. He's planning to attend flight school, but at the moment he's studying for his GED so he can apply to flight school. He's very insistent that I attend his church even though I've assured him that I'm comfortable with my religious views. He's into "prosperity Gospel" preaching and says that he wants to be a millionaire before he's 50 "so (he) can help others." He's lent me some get-rich-through-Jesus CDs. He also has two miniature dachshunds that wake me up early with their barking.

It's funny now, but I can see the humor wearing off in the coming months.

Draft saved Draft deleted