1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

bad move by idol?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by txsportsscribe, Dec 15, 2008.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i was reading today that american idol will cut back on the audition episodes this season in favor of increasing the number of semifinalists and showing more hollywood footage. don't know about you but the audition shows are often my favorite. i get bored when the show moves to the actual competition and would favor more train wrecks from the auditions. i wonder if this is in response to the paula abdul stalker events.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ms. Slappy said something about them ditching Idol Gives Back or whatever it was called...

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's true too.

God forbid they do something nice for someone.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah.. Idol must be hurting profitwise for them to cut out the charitable portion..

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The ad on this page has Cowbell's old avatar on it. His current av is a nice reward for long-timers.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Nice get Dools.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I only half heard the news when they talked about this, but I thought they said, they were just cutting back to every other year with their charity thing.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Can't they do America a favor and just cancel the show entirely?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I never watch the audition stuff since its taped and in the can for months and they already know who the finalists are and will showcase certain performers with "human interest" stories. I enjoy watching the first finals or semi-finals show and judging them fresh, picking the winner or top 3 and checking back in at the end.

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

why would they cancel a show with monster popularity?

and dan, the early audition shows are where we find the comedy gold.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I'm too old to apologize for liking what I like.

12. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

That just goes to show you that all the celebs don't really give their time free of charge for the good of humanity.

Draft saved Draft deleted