1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bad idea in car advertising

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Oct 3, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

shoulda said "Sweatback."

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I was always surprised Spic and Span never started a huge protest.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Man, you could fit a lot of Hispanics into one of those vehicles.

4. I want my dad to go to that dealership and discuss the semantics of "demo" vehicles:

Salesman: We have some great demos available.
    Dad: Demo...that's a used car, right?
    Salesman: Oh no, it's a demo vehicle.
    Dad: But it's been driven.
    Salesman: Yes.
    Dad: So it's used.
    Salesman: No. It's a demo.
    Dad: Well, there's intercourse. And then there's fucking. But when you get down to it they're the same thing.
    Salesman: [sigh] It's used.

[Based on an actual conversation my dad had with a car salesman]

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And who in God's name needs air-conditioned SEATS? I can understand why AC is pretty much a standard feature now, but if you have it going full blast, do you really need your back and ass handled separately? I suppose if you're really hot and everyone else around you is cold, it's potentially more effective than dual-zone climate systems, because you still have the air mixing and making it cooler/warmer in the other zones. But it sounds patently ridiculous to me.

Aside: has anyone with multi-zone climate systems pointed the fans at each other at different angles and temperatures in hopes of creating a thunderstorm?

6. markvid

markvid Guest

The thunderstorm line is a classic.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

That's probably the follow-up promotion.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I saw a ad for a Democrat asking if you are tired of dirty, lying Texans ruining your life.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I'm not seeing it. It's not like the illegal alien can afford a tricked out Lincoln.

So what's the problem?

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I tried that at my grandparents' house one Christmas. They had a wood stove, so it was 100º in the living room and something like 40º in the back rooms. (That was how it always was in winter.) What do you know? It was eventually 70º in the whole house. No thunderstorm, but finally comfortable. A novel concept.

11. That's a good point you cocksucking, donkey-fucking piece of shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted