1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Baconaise

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, May 3, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

ehhh... it's a gift he has.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

A place here has bacon ice cream. It's actually worse than it sounds.

3. Raisin Ham

Raisin Ham Member

I approve of this thread!

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Accompanied by a ricochet biscuit

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

There's a great restaurant in NJ that serves everything with garlic ... including garlic ice cream. It's pretty awful.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Otto Enoteca, a restaurant in NY, has "olive oil gelato." I had it a few weeks ago (yeah, I am eating dairy nowadays) and it was REALLY good. It was the best part of the meal. I couldn't imagine it being good until I had it. The waitress brought out a little sea salt and told us to try mixing it with the gelato and surprisingly, it made it even better. I can't even explain how because the taste was kind of indescribable, but the salt didn't create a salty taste; it gave it unexpected balance.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wait a minute...Ragu's eating dairy? Is nothing sacred?

Next up: The FRAUD!!!!!! eats a triple burger at Hardee's.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Dairy, yeah. Can do without it, but it finds its way into my diet sometimes. I have good reasons for it now. :)

Your triple crudburger? No thanks. Never. But at least there is more for you.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sweet. I'm not going to get to 300 lbs on my own, you know.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sure you will, dude.

Think positive!

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I've had the olive oil gelato at Otto twice and agree that it's really good. We weren't given any salt, though. Garlic ice cream sounds disgusting.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

The concept of Baconaise intrigues me, but not as much as the thought that mayonnaise stands for anything, let alone several things.

A quick trip to Teh Google has not turned up any kind of mayonnaise mission statement, but I will keep looking.

Draft saved Draft deleted