1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back to the Future - Back in theatres

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by billikens, Oct 19, 2010.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That's Ali with an i, chump! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

So, did anybody end up seeing this in the theater Saturday afternoon? If so, was it everything you hoped it would be?

I intend to go Monday night. I have to drive about 90 minutes to the nearest theater, but it'll be worth it.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I had no idea that she was Jerry Hardin's daughter. He played Deep Throat on "The X-Files".

4. Larry Graham

Larry Graham Member

My wife is a huge Back to the Future fan. Surprising her with it tonight.

5. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

I went with a friend of mine who'd never seen it before. (Who knew that people like that even existed?)

I found myself sporting a big, gleeful smile throughout the entire film.

The one thing that surprised me the most was all the laughter coming from the audience.

There are plenty of funny moments and lines in the movie, but not enough to warrant that kind of laughter.

I almost think a lot of the laughs came from people re-hearing a line re-watching a scene they hadn't heard/seen in a long time.

6. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I actually watched this tonight at home. Weird...

7. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The creole family sat down to watch "Back to the Future" on Sunday. My son's new hero? Biff. He laughed his ass off every time Biff picked on George, especially, the "Hello, hello, anybody home, huh?"

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Here's a video the young Biff fan might enjoy.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I get your car towed all the way to your house and all you have for me is light beer?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There's one other thing, that, cross-threading with the Time-Traveler thread, that I think is a plot hole.

On the other thread, someone talks about how everything changes in history as soon as a time traveler appears. Molecules breathed in, bugs swatted, ect.

In Back to the Future, Marty goes into the diner, and eventually orders a coffee, and he drops the 15 cents down to pay for it. I would think that was 1985 money, that's was going to be circulated around Hill Valley. Wouldn't someone eventually look at the coin dates and screw up time? (Like in "Somewhere in Time")

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

That was pretty good, but I think he prefers this one.

"I wanna know who's gonna pay for this! I spilled beer all over me when that car smashed into me. Who's gonna pay my cleaning bill?"

12. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I now have my niece hooked on this. She loves watching the first one because she thinks it's so cool to see what things looked like when nana and nano were kids. Too funny.

I also got her to watch Goonies with me. She loves that too.

Next up - Indiana Jone!

Draft saved Draft deleted