1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back to the Future - Back in theatres

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by billikens, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Claudia Wells. Yum.

And while Ms. Shue is also yum, I'll admit to being disappointed that Ms. Wells wasn't in II.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I watch so few movies that it's a running gag about how many "must see" movies I don't watch.

That said, I watched the original Back To The Future. I certainly wouldn't have admitted it then, but I had a huge crush on Michael J. Fox back in the day. As I remember it, though, I enjoyed the movie for its own merits.

To me, that movie and Star Trek III: The Search For Spock are examples of Christopher Lloyd doing awesome work.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Will the theater showing feature the Eric Stoltz outtakes?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Her part was pretty small, but her appearance in II may have been, line for line, about the worst acting performance I've ever seen.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

What did she do in that one? Aside from not play the black girl whose window Marty jumped into?

6. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Back to the Future III on G4 as we speak.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I wasn't critiquing her acting.

8. She'll always be Aly to me . . . another movie that holds up tremendously well. And yes, the remake did indeed suck balls compared to the original.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was going to say, I can't imagine Eric Stoltz being happy to see the turning point of his career back in theatres.

"Bad news Eric, we're firing you. Good news, though: In 10 years, you'll play a heroin addict in a memorable scene with John Travolta. No, he'll be the star. Yes, his career will be better than yours from here on out. It's OK though. You'll have long hair and no one will remember you as the kid from Mask."

10. printdust

printdust New Member

Yeah. I got into the character and wondered what it would be like to have my mom make a pass at me and I was greatly troubled to the point of visualizing Lea that way. Spoiled it totally for me.

11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Melora Hardin is a goddess. So is Elisabeth Shue. I could have a Jenniferathon with the two of them. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted