1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back to the Future - Back in theatres

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by billikens, Oct 19, 2010.

1. billikens

billikens Member

If anyone is interested, Back to the Future is coming back to the big screen this Saturday afternoon, and again Monday night.

http://www.amctheatres.com/bttf/

Other than Star Wars, I can't remember a movie that memorized (edit: and mesmerized) me more than Back to the Future. I was six years old at the time and it's one of the first I remember seeing in the theatres.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It memorized you? You must be pretty memorable. :D

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Sounds a little "big brother"-like. Or maybe Yakov Smirnof.

"In Russia, you don't memorize the movie. The movie memorizes YOU!"

4. billikens

billikens Member

Ha, memorable and not great at rereading posts....or at least, not great at paying attention to the spell-check corrector.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Sorry, I couldn't resist swinging at a waist-high softball. ;D

Back to the topic at hand, I watched the first Back to the Future movie a couple months ago and was impressed at how well it holds up.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

On my way to work every day, I pass a place called Lone Pine Farm. I can't help but think in another time it was called Twin Pine Farm. :D

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

it was on a tee

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Hot Tub Time Machine had a ton of Back to the Future references and it also featured Mr. McFly.

9. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

Those movies really do hold up. They're awesome.

Cool father-son moment a few years back: When he was in middle school, my wife and daughter were out, so I told him there's this movie I wanted him to see, and it was the first of a trilogy.

He loved it, and we eventually watched the next two.

He's a college freshman now, and he's got the trilogy on DVD. I borrow it from him once in a while.

10. First movie I saw with my now ex-wife

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

A few years ago, watching it for the umpteenth time, almost got floored when I noticed that the guy playing piano at the prom dance was the father of my daughter's best friend from karate class. Sat and chatted with the guy for a couple of years, he never mentioned being in the movie.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cool movie I saw with my mom, my aunt and my cousins in '85. My youngest cousin, who was 4 at the time, got scared when the DeLorean disappeared with the fire skid marks. But we convinced him it was the same car as Knight Rider, so that made him happy.

Draft saved Draft deleted