1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

back problems

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Paging boots in 3, 2, 1...

2. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I'll echo whoever suggested strengthening your core. Do sit-ups and crunches. A big belly = a bad back.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Oreo ... Blizzard ... all ... over ... screen ...

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Hmm... it was pretty funny, wasn't it. OK, 1,000 is next.. what shall it be? Taking suggestions... :D ;D

5. Flash

Flash Guest

One of my favourite core-strengthening moves, Farmer J, is the plank, also known as the table top. If you're not familiar with it, you're balancing on your forearms and toes and the rest of your body looks like, well, a table top. You're contracting your stomach muscles to hold your hips up and your body flat. Hold this isometric exercise for as long as you can. Start with a 30-second target and work your way up to 60. Where crunches target your rectus abdominus, the major abdominal muscle running up and down your torso, the table top will target the transverse addominus, or the muscles that form the abdominal wall ...

6. Norman Stansfield

How's the knee, Flasher?

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Fucking painful, thanks for asking. Took a courtesy runner every time I got on base. Fielding the ball does not seem to be a problem and I can still move effectively laterally. However, it's on my plant leg for hitting, so it's difficult to put the necessary weight on that leg for my power and then to rotate through on my swing.
    Sucks.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I read that clinical studies have shown that consenting to boots-style sex reduces back pain in women.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

FJ, you just want to be sure this isn't a disk problem--degenerative, bulging, whatever. Spinal injuries--even mild ones--can keep you out of alignment and seriously mess you up in every way.

If you're resting and stretching and using heat/cold, and it's not getting any better, you should see a doctor.

10. Norman Stansfield

I, for one, vote you sit out a couple softball games and rest your knee.

Next thing you know you'll be blaming THAT on your chesticles and want to get ANOTHER reduction.

And we can't have that.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Hahahaha, am hoping we really don't play this weekend. Was supposed to have a tournament but it's not looking like we have enough people. Then I only have to get through tomorrow night's DH and I can't miss that. Our women's league playoffs start and we only have 10 to play.

12. Norman Stansfield

Well, rest it afterward.

And stay away from any flying, stinging creatures while you're at it.

Draft saved Draft deleted