1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back in the land of Yuengling

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OTD, Jul 5, 2007.

1. You are drinking beer and watching a ballgame in a gas station?
    I think there's more to your life than this.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fixed.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Blasphemer.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I stand by my statements from last night. Fat Tire sucks and $7.99 for a six pack is not a good price, buck.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Mirrorpond is over $8 a six pack. About the only thing cheaper than Fat Tire is domestic stuff, such as Bud, Coors, etc.

It's not nearly as expensive as you claim.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Sixers of Henry Weinhard's were cheaper than that when I was in Seattle recently, as was Pyramid. ShinerBock is cheaper as is a lot of other stuff. I am not advocating drinking domestics over Fat Tire, I just think the way Fat Tire is held in rarified air here is ridiculous. Dammit.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Is Dixie ever going to move back to its original brewery with the cypress tanks? I miss Blackened Voodoo.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Yingers have developed a cult following because it's not widely distributed. Fat Tire had the same aura until it began expanding east (though I'm a fan of the entire New Beligum catalog). It's kind of like when Coors wasn't sold east of Texas, and they based a whole movie on that fact.

Speaking of cheap beers, if you're ever in St. Louis swing by the Tin Can. It's a tiny little place that serves about 70 different beers in cans. For $1.25 you can get a can of Hamm's or Stag. From 10 pm to 10:50, any beer under $2 is only 50 cents. If that's not enough, they've got a Sega hooked up in the game room with all the classics from the mid-90s.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

They made a movie about Coors not being sold east of Texas? Strange.
    Hmm, I am about to send a board member money and have them mail me a sixer of Yuengling. Any offers?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's why Bandit and Snowman had pick up a truck-load of Coors in Texarkana, Tex., and run it to Atlanta.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sandlot baseball at the Hegins Rod & Gun Club, Yuengling passed around on the sly behind the concession stand. Good times. :)

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Lost my Yuengling virginity on vacation last year in Stanford, N.Y. (one of the few positive experiences of the trip). Will hit it again if I end up in the Poconos in late August (I couldn't even find Iron City last time I was in eastern Pa.).
    In the meantime...another week, another six-pack of Narragansett tall boys for my early evening deck time.

Draft saved Draft deleted