1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Back, bbbback, bbback.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hambone, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Hambone

Hambone Member

Honestly, shoot me in the face Boomer.

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I intentionally didn't watch the homerun derby because I didn't want to listen to Friend of Leather.

Went to bed around 1 and when I turned on the TV, it was already on ESPN2 and the first thing I hear is a baaaccck. . . baaaackkk. . . . baaaccckkkkk. Two seconds later, I was on the history channel.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

You'd think somebody would be screaming in his ear "For the love of god say something else!!!"

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

NOBODY at ESPN screams in Leather Lover's ear ... NOBODY.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

He's as current as a Flock of Seagulls concert.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're with me, floptop.

[​IMG]

7. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

We were planning to have an office pool on how many Western PA towns he'd metion ("That one's headed for Altoona") but nobody wanted to listen to him enough to keep track.

8. At least he split duties with the crew in the center field stands. They were much more interesting to listen to. Between their banter and the interviews of the players, good old Boomer seems to be getting fazed out. He's not a bad guy and his football stuff is still pretty entertaining, but booms got little left for baseball.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Worst Sports Announcer. EVER.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I can think of worse.

11. Claws for Concern

Totally ruins my joy of watching the entire DVD of the Devils' Stanley Cup win against the Ducks. In one of the extras, they show Brodeur soaking in the moments after winning the Cup. As he heads back to the locker room, who should appear to congratulate Brodeur but Berman. There's nothing good about THAT bonus on the DVD. No Boomer on the NHL -- now that's something I LIKE about OLN (soon to be Versus) and NBC having the TV hockey deal.

12. Claws for Concern

Doc, I understand. I just think Berman's the worst.

Draft saved Draft deleted