1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Back, and to the left'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 21, 2013.

1. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Now THAT I didn't know. He did get around, though.
    Of course I was always told that AIDS came from men having sex with monkeys.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dolphins, not monkeys.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Rumor is he visited a hamlet in Kenya shortly after Election Night 1960 (do the math).

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Yeah ... Pulitzer-Prize winning investigative journalist.
    Cast a harsh light on the My Lai Massacre and Abu Ghraib atrocities.
    No question he knows less than a guy who calls himself Star Man on a message board.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It wasn't a press conference, per se. Supposedly, they only brought Oswald out so reporters could get photos/video of the suspected assassin after he'd been charged. Oswald then started running his mouth, and the reporters began asking questions.

The police hadn't yet told Oswald he'd been charged with killing Kennedy (only Tippitt), but they had told reporters. That's why he denies he's been charged and why he looks so surprised when someone tells him he has been.

6. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Sy Hersh. One of the finest investigative reporters of our time... and one of the best sources for my forthcoming series of self-published JFK slashfic "what's really in those withheld documents" novels.

Draft saved Draft deleted