1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bachelor party costs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, May 10, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jesus christ batman, throw a bullet in front of the line and it's all good. ;)

2. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

just bumping to see if Inky will share anything new that's happened. I have a bach party to plan in the fall, and have read this thread w.interest.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

A couple of months ago (the last time we were talking about weddings) I posted something to the effect that my ideal wedding would be one that caused me to call my parents to tell them, "She & I are in Vegas and we just got married at the same place that Michael and Juanita Jordan got hitched."

(And Cadet endeared herself to me forever by agreeing with me, somewhat emphatically as I recall. :) )

The whole bachelor party thing is another reason I don't want to ever go through all the "big wedding" bullshit.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The co-best men have gotten the cost of the transportation down to $60 per person. However, they've not made reservations at a restuarant.

A groomsman in Boston and I have been given the green light by the groom to take over the planning of this thing if the co-best men don't have some more details by Friday. It'll be tricky to take it over, since we don't want to piss them off and create bad blood before the wedding.

Sidenote: The bride's brother is pushing for us to hit an all-nude, BYOB strip club in Atlantic City. On a Wednesday night. Now I've been to the all-nude, BYOB peel joints in several spots across this nation. The quality of performer you'll see there is ALWAYS lower than at the topless place down the road. Given that, plus the fact it's Atlantic City on a Wednesday, I'm seriously considering wearing dark, dark, dark sunglasses (perhaps welding goggles) so I'll avoid seeing the C-section scars and bad boob jobs those places contain.

5. devils_claw

devils_claw Member

Just here to chime in on the ridiculousness that bachelor/bachelorette parties have become.

I'm in a friend's wedding in October and am absolutely dreading hearing what the maid of honor comes up with for her bachelorette party--I already know it will involve a trip to Vegas. Knowing my friend, no expense will be spared. :(

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bachelorette parties should be outlawed from bars.

Forever.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

WTF???
    I'm one of the guys who will be on this wedding palooza and this is the first I have heard of this nonsense.
    Inky *shakes fist at sky* check your hotmail.
    Some things to note for those playing along at home...
    The co-best men are tools.
    I'm already in for a grand for this damn thing and I didn't even buy a suit.
    If I was going to spend $300, it would be for a new suit.
    No one but the bride's brother is familiar with the area so no one has a clear idea of what to do outside of being inspired by the movies.

8. chazp

chazp Active Member

That's the scariest thing I've ever seen.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

AAH! MY EYES!

10. EE94

EE94 Guest

I'm sorry but this made me howl. The line "two of my brothers" just sounds like the others couldn't be bothered.
    I know it was written in self-deprecation, so I hope you don't mind the laugh.

every so often I take one of these scenarios I read on SportsJournalists.com and put it into a file. My dream - which sadly, will go unfulfilled - is to write a Fargo-like screenplay with really rich characters. What pops up here now and again I think will make a great composite

sorry, no royalties will be awarded, but perhaps one day you will recognize yourself on screen

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Dude, you should just copy and paste Bubbler's work on here and turn that into a movie.
    But it would have to be a trilogy.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I have a class with a guy this semester who's doing the same "party bus" thing. He lives in NW Louisiana, so they're going to Shreveport.

He calls the charter company and asks about the bus.

The lady replies, "Do you want a sober driver? Or one that'll have some fun?"

Draft saved Draft deleted