1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Bachelor party costs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, May 10, 2007.

1. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

That short notice stinks, Inky. Talk to the guys, see if the group can do a few more inexpensive things. I'd start with dinner. No need for a fancy steakhouse when a decent one will do just fine. It's not about the steak anyway at dinner; it's the drinks. Hit a happy hour. If you're having a good time, no one will care that you're not spending a fortune.

2. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

One question is what is the bus for and for how long? Even from the south end of Ocean City it shouldn't take much more than an hour to get to the Borgata. That's really a lot of money unless you're going to cruise around for a while (and AC isn't exactly cruising territory).

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The theory on the bus is that it'll be cheaper than cabs (which I doubt). Damn thing doesn't even come stocked with booze.

If that's the going rate for a party bus in the AC/OC area, I'm considering buying an old Bluebird school bus and starting my own company up there. I can drive around drunks and clean up their puke for $200+ an hour.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Are you factoring in bail money and medical expenses?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hell, the free clinic will handle it.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Heck, for less than $300 apiece you could hire Adrian Zmed to recite his lines from "Bachelor Party."

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding like Ann Landers, it seems like the co-best men are having illusions of some wild, bacchanalian celebration of bachelor-dom. Anything less will be a disappointment for them, and the bus will just be the start. Figure strippers will end up in there somewhere (another couple hundred dollars. minimum), drinks (maybe another hundred apiece), gambling (NEVER count on winning, especially in major gambling towns like AC) and an expensive dinner, and before long you'll be killing the driver, stealing the bus and hocking it at one of the 3,000 pawn shops located two blocks from the beach.
    You need to stage a coup here. If the majority of the 15 partygoers is not in favor of the bus, or on a tight budget nip it in the bud before you're stuck. Majority rules, and you can have a phenomenal time with cabs or a DD or three. Or, for what you're paying for the bus, you can probably get a couple rooms and stay in the damn Borgata.
    If they still want the bus, tell them y'all can pile on the Atlantic City muni and sip Thunderbird out of a paper bag in row 13 with Pops the Homeless Alcoholic. There'll be more booze, and it'll have the same effect. The strippers and/or hookers will still take your money.

8. Smartwriter

Smartwriter Member

The last bachelor party I attended involved going to a brewery with plans to hold a roast. When we got there we started telling embarrassing stories about each other and never stopped.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Why could I have predicted this? :) Did you toast your upcoming marriage with a glass of milk?

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I think I spent $400-$500 bucks last summer on my best friend's bachelor party. It was pretty small (me, him, a buddy from college, a cousin and his brother-in-law). Got a hotel room, had a decent meal in the French Quarter and hit Bourbon Street. Those lap dances add up.....

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Thank goodness for wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Swift

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wonder how you'd phrase that on a resume?

Draft saved Draft deleted