1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Babs Streisand loves her Dems!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Oct 31, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

I guess someone just wants her to sing.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15889727.htm

Ok, in all seriousness, regardless of your political views, do you get cranky if you pay top dollar to hear her sing, but it gets interspersed with her ramming her "Bush is a stupid hick" belief down your throat? Or do you give her a pass because of who she is?

Personally, I am demanding a refund pretty quick.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Re: Babs Streisand

"Bush is a stupid hick" is my favorite Streisand ditty.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

...is not dead.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, I'd be pissed. If I wanted to hear her fellate the Dems, I'd wait till she appears at a fundraiser.
    Otherwise, STFU and sing

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's part the experience just like marijuana smoke at jam band show, mullets at a Skynyrd concert and people in makeup at a KISS concert.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

I hope you're being sacastic there.
    No comparison whatsoever.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is there anybody buying Streisand tickets who doesn't know where she stands politically?

Frankly, I'd prefer musicians to make their statements via song, not spoken comments between numbers. That goes for all of them, liberals or conservatives.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

For God's sakes, Streisand has been a liberal since Christ was a cowboy.

And half of me agrees with Inky although the odd, "Fuck you Fredo" during a concert is OK.

And her concert in Toronto got fabulous reviews. She had a moderately public affair with then Liberal PM Pierre Trudeau so apparently she has a soft spot for Canuckistan.

9. markvid

markvid Guest

I see what you are saying Inky, but, there is a time and a place.
    If I'm a paying customer, it's neither.
    I would not buy her CDs based on her political views, it's nothing but music.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm with slappy. If I want to hear you talk, do it on your own time. If you are on stage, acting, or singing, you are getting paid to entertain. STFUMF and sing for us.

From the lyrics of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit": entertain us. I'm not paying top dollar to hear you rant incoherently.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't know why you'd go to see her and have expectations that she won't talk politics, esp. this close to an election. It's like Pearl Jam. Eddie's gonna have a long-ass, boring, drunken political speech at some point. You just deal with it and wait for him to shut up and start singing again.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hey, if you don't want to hear political opinions at concerts, buy the CD's. And then you won't be offended. It's her concert. She can do what she wants.

Draft saved Draft deleted