1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Babel: I'll probably never see the ending

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Del_B_Vista, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

A disappointing movie experience, but not because of the movie. We go and the movie's about 2:15 (including trailers) in, so the thing's just about over. Suddenly, the movie stops and tremendously bright lights at the back of the theater come up. I instantly know what's happened, but it's a bit counterintuitive that lights come on when the power goes out. We sit there for a minute and this kid comes in and asks us to go to the lobby, says the power's gone out in the block. We were on the southern end of that bad weather system that blew across the South today, but the rain had ended. Unfortunately, I guess the trailing gusty winds took care of another strategically placed Katrina-weakened tree and it zapped a power line. Frustrating to get outside and see lights on so close, but we didn't have much choice in leaving.

I'll probably never see the end. It was good, but I don't see myself sitting through the first 2-plus hours to catch about 5 minutes of the end. I could go and talk my way into the final five minutes, but the theater's a bit out of the way, so I probably won't. If only I still had Netflix ...

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

They didn't give out passes? That sucks.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Did they give you passes?
    If they did, just show up late for the movie and catch the end.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

To clarify, they gave us passes. The ideal situation would be to show up early for another movie, catch the last 10 minutes of Babel then jump in the other one. Of course, I might want to gouge my eyes out in depression from Babel.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Instead of gouging your eyes out, I'd recommend scratching your cornea. Still intensely painful, but your vision will return eventually.

6. SportsJournalists.com - Your One-Stop Shoppe For Good Advice.

Draft saved Draft deleted