1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

B.B. King on hospice care

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, May 1, 2015.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Sad, but not unexpected news. Was lucky enough to see him twice in 1969, at Wesleyan in college and when he was the opening act for the Rolling Stones tour. A legendary performer.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

When I was growing up, my dad loved to tell the story of when he and my mother worked at a local hotel and King stayed there for a night to play a gig in town. When he checked out, King left Lucille and several other items in his room and my dad was the one who was sent to bring it down to the lobby. He said he snuck a couple quick strums on her before bringing her down.

The story got me interested in King's music and I've always enjoyed him since. Sad to hear the end is near.

Big Circus likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

The Thrill Is Gone

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I saw him a few years ago in concert. He was absolutely fantastic. Hope that he has a peaceful last days.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Saw him sitting by himself in the Toronto airport in 1990 or so. I was delighted to shake the man's hand.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Watching BB King on the Tonight Show got this white, suburban teen into the blues in the early 80s. Saw him once probably 30 years ago, still one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted