1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aziz Ansari

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 27, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.amazon.com/Aziz-Ansari-Intimate-Moments-Sensual/dp/B002TQKL0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306522363&sr=8-1

I realize I'm way behind the times and need to get out more. But my son played the Aziz Ansari standup bit on our drive to Pittsburgh and I would have wrecked the car had I been driving. Can't remember the last time I laughed as hard.

I think he's coming to this area soon.

Am I nuts or the Lone Ranger on this?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Funniest standup I've heard since Chris Rock's best HBO specials...

I saw him live in NYC when he was doing Human Giant on MTV. Guy is freaking hilarious.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

He's grown on me this season on Parks & Rec. And he was outstanding in an episode of Flight of the Conchords.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I was supposed to see him live last fall, but I ended up breaking up with my gf at the time a month, month-and-a-half before the show. Since she bought the tickets I didn't go. His stuff on youtube is pretty good though.

5. Mizzougrad96

I listen to a lot of comedians regularly. Patton Oswalt, David Cross, Chris Rock, Jim Norton, Greg (RIP) Giraldo, Nick DiPaolo, Louis C.K., Greg Fitzsimmons, Jim Gaffigan, Brian Regan, Rich Vos, etc...

Ansari's last CD was the funniest thing I've heard since probably Bring the Pain.

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

My wife is a huge fan. I didn't know anything about him. She loves comedy shows and asked if I'd be willing to go see him with her.

Am I glad I went. He is outstanding. Very funny, engaging. Good interaction with audience, great stuff. Definitely recommend.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you are not watching Parks and Rec on NBC, start.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Yes, yes, yes. And yes again. Slowly surpassing both "Community" and maybe even "Modern Family" as the best sitcom currently on television.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Hey, Raaaaaaannnnndy!

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this Moddy. Downloaded that album a couple of months ago and enjoyed it immensely. He comes up with the most random and absurd references in his act, but still has me cracking up. And usually, if I knew somebody was going to talk at length about Kanye or R. Kelly, I wouldn't be too interested, but his riffs on those two were hilarious.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Fuck you Harris!!!

12. Mizzougrad96

I like Parks and Rec a lot, but it's not in the same class as Modern Family.

Draft saved Draft deleted