1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Aziz Ansari: Science says love doesn't last

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The A.V. Club's Q&A with Aziz Ansari probably is the best celebrity Q&A I've read: http://avc.lu/X5hglp

He goes on to talk about his fears for his own future and how fast things progress in your late 20s and societal norms and why he plans on what sounds like a potentially depressing comedy tour. A few of the answers are long enough to make The Big Ragu or Double Down blush, but they are interesting thoughts. The best points might be about the way technology has changed dating.

I bring this to the good people of SportsJournalists.com because I'm curious as to how overwhelmed you were in your 20s (or are now, if you're still there) by all these things. Ansari shows some immaturity in his way of thinking, but he makes plenty of valid points.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Romantic love is a sham. I agree with him on that point.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

As Ansari gets older, he'll find there is some value to "companionate love."

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The people who think a relationship will always be as exciting and as passionate as it is that first year or two you're together are the reason the divorce rate is so high...

Draft saved Draft deleted