1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AZ gov being investigated for social security fraud

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's son has been confined to the Arizona State Hospital for clost to 20 years. The issue is whether she illegally reported his current status to the Social Security Administration, because those confined to mental institutions after being found not guilty by reason of insanity cannot receive SS benefits.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/12/07/20111207feds-probed-role-jan-brewer-son-social-security.html

The son's benefits have totaled nearly $75,000.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm sure she did, what with her being a typical Party of No hypocrite screeching about brown-skinned bogeymen.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

More family values from the party of family values. (And here we can put a dollar value on the family values: $75,000.)

I love the details from the original case, too: he was found not guilty of forcing a woman to perform oral sex on him by reason of insanity.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I blame the media.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You have to be crazy if you're using that thing other than the baby-making way God intended.

6. Starman

I've been turned down for oral sex on the grounds I was insane. Where's my $75,000?

7. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I'm kinda unsure how I feel about this law, as having those who've been found not guilty by reason of insanity wandering the streets seems like a poor idea, and the story claims the money was going toward the cost of his hospitalization.

Regardless, Brewer is a corrupt joke and probably an alcoholic and I'm very eager for her to be gone for any reason.

8. Starman

As well as a Call Us Next.... oh well... :D

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Boy, that AZ governor is a real winner:

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/ariz-gov-jan-brewer-president-obama-didnt-feel-i-treated-112328.html

10. Starman

Cruella DeHagg.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Hard to overstate what a truly dumb person Jan Brewer is.

She's a low level political pencil-pusher who almost accidentally found herself next in line when the governor moved on to a cabinet position. She was just bumbling along, trying not to screw up, and when she signed the anti-immigration law -- practically on a coin flip, because she genuinely seemed ambivalent right up to the deadline -- she instantly became Jan Brewer, Warrior For States' Rights. She loves having an identity now, so she plays it up.

I've covered a lot of impressive and unimpressive politicians from both parties. I'm not sure I've ever covered anyone as stone dumb as Jan Brewer.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I blame President Obama 100 percent for Jan Brewer.

It was Obama who named the somewhat ineffectual Janet Napolitano to be head of Homeland Security, which opened the door for Brewer to replace her as Arizona governor.

Draft saved Draft deleted