1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Axl Rose is a sociopath, Chapter 623

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I don't consider Thriller a rock n roll album. Purple Rain is borderline as well. That's more pop.

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Saddest non-reunion at the Rock Hall induction was the Clash. Joe Strummer and Mick Jones had performed together at a charity gig about a month before Strummer died in December of 2002. All indications were pointing to the band performing at the ceremony in January of 2003. That would have been a hell of a show.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Sociopath? Fuck you man! I'm totally normal!

[​IMG]

I fucked that dolphin too. None of you poseurs could ever hope to put yourself inside a dolphin, not even Buck, but I did.

So fuck you! Get in the ring! That means you Andy Secher at Hit Parader, Circus Magazine, Mick Wall at Kerrang ... Bob Guccione Jr. at Spin. What? You pissed off 'cause your dad gets more pussy than you? Fuck you. Suck my fuckin' dick!

And since this reunion idea has gone over a cliff, is Slash playing a guitar solo overlooking the cliff somewhere?

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Joshua Tree.

Regardless of genre--rock, pop, rap, country (and western), bluegrass, classical--the best album of the 80s.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Mine as well.

Appetite for Destruction is my favorite album of all-time by a couple thousand miles.

I'm glad I was able to see them live as many times as I did from 1988-92. Best live band I've ever seen.

6. Mizzougrad96

The first time I saw GNR, they were opening for Aerosmith. I love Aerosmith, but there are only a few times when I have seen the opening act blow the main act off the stage and this was definitely one of those times...

7. Mizzougrad96

Axl stole the show at the Mercury Tribute. Axl and Elton on Bohemian Rhapsody was amazing and Axl on We Will Rock You was just awesome.

When I saw Guns in the tour with Metallica in 1992, Axl came out and sang Elton's "The One" a capella and there were 80,000 jaws on the floor. One of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

OK, I missed the words rock 'n' roll. In that case, a) I definitely agree that Appetite For Destruction, which I might not have put ahead of those two pop albums, is the best of the 1980s, and b) I cast my vote for Ride the Lightning.

9. Mizzougrad96

Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets might be my No. 2 and No. 3.

10. Does Born in the USA count?
    But yeah, Hard Rock category: "Appetite" is far and away the best. No. Contest.

11. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I'm kind of shocked that you didn't make a reference to "My World".

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I know this makes me a bad Bruce fan, but I listen almost entirely to his 1970s catalog.

Draft saved Draft deleted