1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Axl Rose is a sociopath, Chapter 623

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

In a long and rambling letter to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he says he's declined induction and he won't attend this weekend's ceremony:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/04/axl-rose-pens-open-letter-to-rock-hall-will-not-attend-asks-to-not-be-inducted.html

He's weird even for a rock star.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucking idiot.

GnR should have been the Rolling Stones of 1985-2015, but basically Axl threw it all away.

Slash, who originally was supposed to be some kind of barely-functional idiot/addict, has proven reasonably professional, in comparison.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Here's what I'd love to know: Did Axl Rose and Isiah Thomas--the two most self-delusional, everything-is-everyone-else's-fault-and-I'm-never-wrong-even-though-everything-I've-touched-since-1992-has-turned-to-SARS douchebags to ever roam the earth--ever cross paths in Indiana in the early '80s?

If you want entertainment, head to Twitter, where Axl enabler Eddie Trunk is declaring how this is a giant fuck you to the HOF and a victory for rock fans everywhere (but mostly him b/c he always tells the HOF to fuck off on That Metal Show). No Eddie. It's not that at all.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

People actually give a shit about the Rock N Roll HOF?

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

The rest of the guys were barely functional addicts but most of them have cleaned up. Slash sounds coherent and with it. Duff is actually quite intelligent. Izzy cleaned up and disappeared. No idea abotu Adler, who had a stroke in the 1990s and is definitely impaired by years of abuse.

It's Adler, BTW, whom Axl tried to fuck eight ways to Sunday when he left the band. Got him, in his addled state, to sign an agreement in which he got just $2,000 total for leaving the band, with no rights to royalties. But that's right, it's Steven who is lying and breaking up the friendship. Tool. Eat a giant bowl of dicks, Axl.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If only Geddy Lee could show up and accept the honor on his behalf, SportsJournalists.com might finally implode.

7. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

8. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

This.

Axl Rose is a Ziploc bag of infected rat semen that deserves to die castrated in bus crash diesel fire while eating a skunk's asshole raw.

He was so hosed that the rest of the drug-addled members of what was the best bad of its era ran like nobody's business.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Geddy Lee with Gene Simmons.

And I still don't think GNR belongs in the Hall anyway. A briilliant rock and roll comet. but not a track record worthy of HOF induction.

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Watch the Paradise City video. Here is a group with its members in their 20s that had the world by the balls. My God, this is perfection. This is Rock n Roll. GNR was holding the musical planet in its hand with their debut album. Then, before you know it, POOF, one of the giganticest douchebags in the history of douchebaggery torpedoes everything through his own cocksuckedness. Vlad the Impaler and Joseph Stalin are sitting back in the 37th level of Hell talking about how big of a fuck up Axl Rose is.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Paradise City is easily my favorite GNR song.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Sorry, but this is absurd. It's rock and roll. It's not there to celebrate compilers.

Unless you want to boot Buddy Holly, Jimi Hendrix, Jackie Wilson, Cream, the Yardbirds, the Police, Ritchie Valens, the Sex Pistols and the Clash. They all had the same number of albums as the original G'n'R lineup (with the exception of the Clash, which was identical -- 5 albums with the original lineup, 1 album with the post-dismantling fake lineup that fans will pretend never happened).

Draft saved Draft deleted