1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Axe has fallen at the Garden

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Apr 17, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's now in charge of finding ways to get rid of all the overrated players he dressed in Knicks jerseys.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Countdown until the backstabbing bitch starts leaking information to the tabloids and undermining the new regime: 10... 9...

Donnie Walsh, and whatever suckers you hire as coach and GM, don't say you weren't warned.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Wm Rhoden's column comparing this firing to the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr or the crucifixion of Christ.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I think you're underestimating how much Knicks beat writers hate Isiah, and vice versa. I doubt they want to call him, and I doubt if they did that he'd call back. I think they'll take every single sign of progress--real or imagined--to take another dig at Isiah. He's the biggest joke in the history of NY sports. No one wants him as a source for anything.

Oh, and I bet you this...

And Thomas will be a part of that. Without getting specific, Walsh said there were assignments he'd feel completely comfortable giving to Thomas.

"I will be in touch with Isiah a lot," he said.

...means this:

Walsh: "Hey Isiah what do you think about Player X?"
    Isiah: "He's terrible. Want nothing to do with him."
    Walsh: "OK." *scribbles out SIGN PLAYER X on piece of paper, gives it to an ass't* "How about player Y?"
    Isiah: "A franchise cornerstone. Get him at any cost."
    Walsh: "OK." *scribbles out DO NOT SIGN PLAYER Y UNDER ANY CONDITION on piece of paper, gives it to an ass't* "As usual, Isiah, you're a huge help and I couldn't do this without you."

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Anyone see the Record's lede on this on the wire tonight?

Ding-dong, Isiah's fired.

Gave me a giggle.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

BYH is right. There's not one beat writer that believes anything that comes out of Isiah's mouth. The only person that could possibly be swayed by the Chicago Con Artist is Little Jimmy Dolan.

7. NightOwl

NightOwl Guest

I've always believed this also. Thomas has something on Dolan in the sexual-harassment thing. Otherwise, Dolan coulda run Isiah's ass out midway through the season.

Of course, I'm a big fan of conspiracy theories and all that stuff.

But why else would Isiah be smiling and so smug all through the hard questions this season?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, never underestimate little Jimmy's capacity for incompetence and uninterest.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hmmm, maybe Walsh reads the board:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3358377

Wonder who this "team source" might be? ::) ::) :D :D

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Guaranteed, it ain't Zeke. He's hated by all of the Knicks beat writers.

Draft saved Draft deleted